Spring has finally arrived and with it many movie festivals across all New York! Get your sneakers and shorts on, watch an international movie and feel free to explore the city once again. Pick and choose, from a nonfiction to a short film festival or just enjoy yourself with the movies offered by Focus on French Cinema festival. Looking to be more outside to enjoy Spring? Then visit the Arbor Fest with live music and more, at Queens Botanical Garden.
1. Black Cinema | April 26 – 29, 2018
See 12 fresh feature films from around the world and 5 short films at New Voices in Black Cinema at BAM Rose Cinemas in Brooklyn.
2. Nonfiction Film Festival | April 26 – May 6, 2018See a diverse collection of boundary-pushing nonfiction films at Art of the Real at Lincoln Center.
3. Arts Festival | April 26 – May 12, 2018 | Lower Manhattan
Downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) showcases urban artists and promotes diversity, featuring music (April 7), creative plays (April 13-28), poetry (May 5), and films (May 8-12).
4. Short Film Festival | April 27, 2018 (6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
See 14 short films at the inexpensive Macoproject Film Festival at The Playroom Theater .
5. French Film Festival | April 27 – May 1, 2018 | Multiple Locations Focus on French Cinema features screenings of French films, receptions, parties, and actor & director Q&As.
- April 27 to 29 – Greenwich, CT
- April 30 – Stamford, CT
- May 1 – Manhattan, NY
6. Spring Festival | April 29, 2018Celebrate spring at Arbor Fest with live music, a beer & wine garden, food and craft vendors, face painting, puppet shows, and a petting zoo at Queens Botanical Garden.